Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thoughts-End of the rope

A young man was at the end of his rope.
Seeing no way out, he dropped to his knees in prayer.
"Lord Shiva", I can't go on," he said. "I have too many troubles to bear."

Then Lord Shiva replied, "My son, if you can't bear its weight, just place all your troubles inside this room. Then, open that other door and pick out any "Aum" you wish."

The man was filled with relief said, "Thank you, Lord," And he did as he was told. Upon entering the other door, he saw many Aum signs; Some so large the tops were not visible. Then, he spotted a tiny "Aum" leaning against a far wall.

"I'd like that one, Lord Shiva," he whispered.

And then Lord Shiva replied, "My son, that is the "Aum" you just brought in."

When life's problems seem overwhelming, It helps to look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself far more fortunate than you imagined.

No comments: