Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother’s Day Quotes

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
- Tenneva Jordan

All I am or can be I owe to my angel Mother.
- Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President

My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
- George Washington, U.S. President

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
- Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

All mothers are working mothers.
- Unknown

The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men – from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.
- Jewish Proverb

A man’s work is from sun to sun, but a mother’s work is never done.
- Unknown

There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.
- Chinese Proverb

Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own.
- Aristotle

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
- Rajneesh

Woman in the home has not yet lost her dignity, in spite of Mother’s Day, with its offensive implication that our love needs an annual nudging, like our enthusiasm for the battle of Bunker Hill.
- John Erskine

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
- William Goldsmith Brown

No comments: